The 100 Years of Women Scholarship Fund was established in 1992 to honor a current matriculated UConn student and/or a high school senior planning to enroll in the University of Connecticut who, as a role model or advocate, has advanced the role and contributions of women and gender equity in society.
The scholarship award ranges from $750 – $1,000.
The following eligibility criteria have been established as guidelines in the selection process:
The applicant must:
- demonstrate a commitment to women’s issues and gender equity through service to their community or school;
- be a current UConn undergraduate or graduate student who will be enrolled at least half-time for the entire Fall 2024/Spring 2025 academic year, or be a high school senior planning to enroll at UConn;
- be in need of financial assistance; and
- demonstrate high academic performance.
To apply, the applicant must:
- complete all items in the application form;
- secure and submit two letters of recommendation from individuals who can comment on their commitment and service to women’s issues and gender equity;
- submit a recent résumé or curriculum vitae; and
- submit an unofficial transcript.
The application deadline for this year’s scholarship is Friday, March 22, 2024 at 11:59 p.m.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.