The University of Connecticut’s Women’s Center is pleased to announce the granting of the 100 Years of Women Scholarship Award. The 100 Years of Women Scholarship Fund was established in 1992 to honor a high school senior planning to enroll in the University of Connecticut, or current UConn students who, as a role model or advocate, has advanced the role and contributions of women in society.
The scholarship award ranges from $750 – $1,000.
We would appreciate your sharing information about the award with students, high school guidance counselors, staff, and faculty members. Copies can be made of the application and recommendation forms. These forms will also be available at the UConn Women’s Center and the Office of Student Financial Aid Services. Forms can be downloaded from the link below.
The following eligibility criteria have been established as guidelines in the selection process.
The applicant must:
- demonstrate a commitment to women’s issues through service to their community or school;
- be a current UConn undergraduate or graduate student who will be enrolled for the entire Fall 2018/Spring 2019 academic year, or be a high school senior planning to enroll at UConn;
- be in need of financial assistance; and
- demonstrate high academic performance.
To apply, the applicant must:
- complete all items in the application form;
- enclose two letters of recommendation from individuals who can comment on their commitment and service to women’s issues;
- enclose a Resume; and
- enclose an unofficial transcript.
These documents must be turned in or forwarded to the UConn Women’s Center, 2110 Hillside Road, Unit 3118, Student Union, Room 421, Storrs, CT 06269-3118. Applications are now closed.
For more information, please call the Women’s Center at (860) 486-4738, or the Office of Student Financial Aid Services at (860) 486-2819. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.