Women in STEM (WiS) Mentoring Program of the Women’s Center is an initiative designed to support underclasswomen pursuing STEM degrees through the mentorship of their upperclasswomen peers. We are searching for a dedicated group of proactive and committed mentors to guide and encourage our mentees. The program spans the full 2016-2017 academic year and is structured around monthly meetings designed to provide both you and your mentee with resources to flourish in your STEM fields.
These are our mentor qualifications:
– Be a current UConn undergraduate junior or senior woman who will be enrolled on the Storrs campus for the entire Fall 2016/Spring 2017 academic year.
– Must have a major in the STEM fields (see list here)
– Must be committed to assisting and spending time with your mentee(s).
– Must demonstrate a continued interest in pursuing a major/career in the STEM fields.
– Must show progress towards academic excellence.
If you are interested in applying please fill out the application provided here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/H5NZ8YS and send in a copy of your resume at WiSTEM@uconn.edu with the subject heading WiS Mentor Application and your name. Applications are due by Sunday, September 25.
If you have any questions please email WiSTEM@uconn.edu.